Ok, I'm not trying to be a hater of the sand, BUT....it's getting ridiculous with all the freaking sand storms lately. AND with the sand comes more mortar attacks. This is nuts! I can feel my lungs filling up with sand. My eyelashes are coated in sand. My nose is full of sand. Did I mention I hate the sand?!
On another note....Toby Keith was on base lastnight for a USO concert and I was fortunate enough to score a front row pass! Woohoo....touched Toby's hand it was great! Now when I hear American Soldier or Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue I can be like.."Dude, I saw him sing that while I was in Iraq!" I know, I'm a retard, but it's still pretty cool.
My whole night shift got busted for sleeping on shift lastnight by my LT. Whoops. Well, not all of us were racked the hell out, just the vast majority. Have you ever gotten into trouble by your mom and you are just waiting for dad to come home because you KNOW you are in for a whoopin' but you just don't know when? That's what it feels like around work now. We are just waiting for the ass whoopin. I have a feeling we will be baby sat for the rest of the time we are on nights. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'm out for some much needed sleep (that I didn't get to finish lastnight on shift, HA!)
TTFN!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 04/29/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.
Hey, I'm going to send you an email... is it navy_gal88@yahoo.com? or just naygal88@yahoo.com? maybe i'm just retarded. stay safe! <3
I hope you catch up on your sleep and find some little corner of space where you arent picking sand out of your teeth.
if you need any fun packages sent let me know. im a care package freak.
ooooh i know the feeling, im still in the desert. I get to go home friday, its been a month now. I am entirely sick of sand myself. ill be posting possibly tonight and im sure ill mention sand a few times. oh and in the last 60 hours ive had 4 hours of sleep. oh hail the infantry! lol
Wait, is there a LOVER of the sand? Is there somebody who gets up in the morning and is all, "God I really love all this sand in my face! Reminds me of Hawaii! Ooooh, man, I sure am lucky!"
I think it's okay to hate the sand. No guilt!
Post a Comment