Friday, June 13, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

As I am fast approaching the mid-point of this helacious deployment I am facing many decisions as to what I will do once this is over. I am in a very unique situation that all my crap is in storage back home, I have no bills, I have no debts, I have nothing holding me back. For the first time in my life, I have no responsibilities except to figure out where I want to land and that feels awesome!!! The past 7 years have been a prison and I was trapped, well I'm finally breaking free. I am about to embark on the greatest journey of my life and I'm ready to grab it by the horns and enjoy the ride.
I can't wait to see New York City on New Year's Eve and then maybe it will be off to the slopes in Colorado for some kick-ass skiing. Or maybe it will be sunny Southern Cali for a swim in the ocean or it could be a sourdough bread bowl with some yummy, warm clam chowder in San Fran. Decisions, decisions......

3 comments:

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 06/16/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.

Anonymous said...

Watch the leaves turn in Vermont - that is actually really cool. While your up there grab a big lobster over in Maine!

Shipmate, Thank you for what you do.

The Mrs. said...

oh i second what nccm said. fall in new england is amazing! and your always welcome for dinner : ) watch the cow poop if you come.

enjoy dreaming of where to go next.