I've never been one to dime anyone out in my blog, but perhaps it's time I start. Nah, just kidding!!! There is some crazy crap going on at my work and people that I work with. We have this crazy thing called Fraternization (I'm sure you all remember my posts from my training days how this was DRILLED into our heads not to do it) and it's rearing it's ugly head up here in not a nice way. I really could care less who you are screwing on this deployment, but when it starts to involve the work place and preferential treatment of others, then I have an issue. That is exactly what is going on up here. NOT by me....I just had to throw that out there. And, me being the nice person I am, will not even go into anymore detail so as to not bring these people into the light anymore than they already are. They will show their asses soon enough. HA!!! Probably literally and figuratively.
Anyhow...the craziest thing happened on my way to work tonight. My roommate and I were walking and saw a huge flash over our shoulder and I shit you not we were ready to hit the deck thinking we were taking incoming (can anyone say PTSD when this is all over). We were freaking out and started to walk faster then we heard it....the THUNDER!! It was lightening and thunder! What the f&*k??? Next, the wind started to pick up and became a blinding dust storm with 40 mph winds! We couldn't see a thing and were getting pummeled with small rocks and lots of dust. It was in my mouth, my hair, my nose, my eyes! It was awful!! Then, I feel what I think is rain. Sure enough, it was sprinkling amidst the chaos. We finally make it to the PAX terminal and the entire lobby was full of dusty-smoke clouds. The dust bowl was so bad it was coming in the vents. As quickly as it all started, it was gone. Crazy damn Iraq weather. Why on earth would anyone want to live here on purpose????
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I swear flyboy is still picking dust out of you know where from those dust storms.
You know the military might have been on to something when they raised the red flag about fraternization... if only people would realize that the rules really do apply to them too.
Thanks for your comment. I'll print it out and put it on the fridge for flyboy. Or maybe I'll blow it up to a size 400 font and lay it out on the flight line so its the first thing he sees when he comes home! I'm amazed you read my blog, I cant image my mommy stories are that interesting to someone who doesn't have to fake enthusiasm (ie. a relative!)
Hang in there and keep out of the dust!
Those dust storms sound like Arizona, I think we are still cleaning sand and dust outta crap and we moved from there 8 years ago.
That frat crap pisses me off. It can be like an open sore every picks at and eventually becomes infected - only remedy is to lay the sore out and vaporized it before the entire body becomes ill.
I recall a thunderstorm in Iraq that provoked similar anxieties. That tense feeling in your body will go away after a couple of months once you get back (at least that was how it worked out for me).
As for people not being able to keep it in their pants, well, sometimes you just need to tell men to stop acting like their in high school and fuck off.
2 words, dumb-ass, that's all I got for people being stupid!
Can't wait to see you and find out who it is!
--R
The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 08/25/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.
Hi Navy Gal
You have a good blog.
Please visit my fun blog on:
http://www.soldierfun.blogspot.com
Be happy.
Post a Comment