Monday, October 20, 2008

On the edge

I'm on the edge of losing my mind. I can't stand this deployment anymore and I totally can't stand the people that I'm deployed with anymore. Well, I really couldn't stand them from the beginning, but now they are completely intolerable. I'm tired of looking at them and hearing their voices. Get me the fuck outta Balad!! I'm going nuts up here. I'm in prison and I don't even get a Get Out of Jail Free card. WTF!! 8 months is way to long to have to check people's dirty underwear. I know, I know what am I complaining about, right? Hell the Army (and I totally have the utmost respect for) have to do 12-15 months in this shit-hole and I'm bitching about my 8 months. Oh, then we have the Air Force (or chair farce HA!) that only do oooohhh 2-4 months over here and bring every damn piece of uniform issue they can cram into their 15 bags. Please! I really don't care if I'm pissing off any AF people that are reading this blog, you don't like it then go read your weapons manual cause Lord knows you all don't even know how to CLEAR one! HA! It scares me to see them even walk around base with a weapon! Oh, here's a good one for you. I was in the DFAC the other morning and some TSGT comes walking in with his M16 shoulder slung.....WITH THE MUZZLE POINTING UP.....HELLO!! Look around you dude, see anything that doesn't look right considering you are the ONLY jackass carrying your rifle that way?? DUH!! I don't even carry my pistol anymore. There's a good chance I may just use it one of these days. HA! Just kidding!! Can you tell I'm a little stressed out?? I even had to go see the Combat Stress dude and I've never seen a minute of combat yet. Well, except for the occasional mortar round that likes to make it inside the wire. I guess that's kinda combat, right? Anyway, I had to tell the docs that my chain of command has created an environment ripe with stress and our job is not rocket science, but for some odd reason everything has to be made harder than it really needs to be. They are wanting to keep us up here past Thanksgiving! Fuck that! Get me to Kuwait where I can get away from these pukes for just one sliver of a second and see some new faces for a change. Oh, you remember the fraternization that was going on??? Yep, busted! We had to submit sworn statements to what we saw with those two. They went to Mast and BUSTED!! One didn't even come back up here. Thank GOD! The tension up here is still so thick you can cut it with a knife though!! AND I have been told to watch my back when we get back to VA during out processing. Whatever! I have no problem calling shore patrol or the cops! Get me outta here!!!

5 comments:

Nixon said...

So...you're in that part of the deployment. Not to worry, one day in the near future you'll be back stateside drinking a beer, and wondering why you can't remember your time in Iraq.

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 10/21/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

richard said...

You know that O and I will have your back if anyone thinks they can fuck with you!

3 words, "Bring it Bitches"

The Mrs. said...

I hope the light at the end of your sandy tunnel comes quick for you. I cant imagine having to live that close to people for that long, I wuold probably try to dig my way out after a while.

hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand where you are coming from. I have 3 others in my chu. Im just hitting 2 months of this deployment and Im already thinking homicide. Im sure in 9 months, I will be clawing my face off just to get away from these f**ktards. Have fun when you get back and f**k the world, live for yourself.